April 23, 2017

Arduino-based datalogger - DIY data logging

   Update: this project is also on Hackaday.io: https://hackaday.io/project/21409-arduino-datalogger-with-microsd-card


   Hey everyone, how are you doing? Today's video is all about a project I have been thinkering around (and designing) for a long time: an Arduino-based data logging system. It basically reads data from Arduino micro's analog and digital inputs and saves it to a microSD card.
   The reason I created it is that I need a datalogger myself; I am always experimenting with analog and digital data from physical systems (rc cars, servo motors, etc etc) and I simply love to record said data for after-the-fact analysis and comparison.
   I have programmed it to read all four analog inputs of Arduino micro (A1..A4) and store the data in '.csv' format inside the microSD card; it allows me to easily post-process and copy/paste/move information. 
   The schematic diagram (made in Fritzing) for the datalogger is seen below, and the Arduino code can be downloaded in this link (or copyied from below as well - use it without worries).

Source (original image): here



  Here are links for you to buy every necessary component to assemble this project yourself. Buying from our partner (ICStation) helps us keep the blog going:

 ​

2 comments:

  1. On this subject internet page, you'll see my best information, be sure to look over this level of detail. data logger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. air quality monitor

    ReplyDelete